...

a collection of inspiration, stumble-upons, and possibilities

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

(21)Rene Magritte






Rene Francois Ghislain Magritte was born on Novemeber 21, 1898 and passed away on August 15, 1967. He was a Belgian artist whom was deemed as one of the forefathers of surrealism. He became quite well known for his witty and thought provoking images. He challenged the viewer to perceive their preconceived notions of reality, and tune into their subconscious. --So I think that it's about time that I officially declare my love for Magritte. I mean, the guy was visual genius! I love the tongue in cheek in all of his paintings. I love how they aren't real, and yet they may seem like it. I love the dreamyness of all his works. I love how he would put riddles into painting without making they seem cheesy or cliche. I love the physical softness in his brush strokes. I love his color palette. I love how his mind worked. He took dreams to canvas and they turned out amazing. I love his whimsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment