...

a collection of inspiration, stumble-upons, and possibilities

Saturday, February 20, 2010

(3)Walker




So this is a little of what I have in mind for a part of my project. Since part of my project is to project an image onto the wall. I am still debating about whether to project a scene or just the object. But this is some of the work by artist Kara Walker. She builds her work around that fantasy,cartoon silhouette image, but with somewhat controversial topics. She mostly works with large decals which stick to the wall, or projected images or colors, or both. I really like her work. I am just now starting to notice I have a strange fascination with morbidity and sketchy situations when it comes to art, or maybe just the conceptual side of it. I love how Kara Walker uses only silhouettes to portray such powerful images. One color and no depth says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment