...

a collection of inspiration, stumble-upons, and possibilities

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

(14)Lee Bul






Artist Lee Bul was born in 1964. She grew up in Seoul and received a BFA in sculpture from Hongik University. She is considered the leading Korean artist of her generation. She is internationally reknown for her formally inventive, intellectually provocative pieces. She works in just about every medium, and her multifaceted production is representative of the most innovative aesthetic currents shaping contemporary art in the world.
I truly love how diverse her work is. I almost feel as though I can relate to the "many mediums". I have always had a difficult time finding out what my favorite medium is; everything I have tried I tend to like, or if not like then love. I like how her sculptures vary in the medium,yet they still hold an aesthetic exclusively hers

No comments:

Post a Comment